Transfer Application Requirements

Transfer Application

Cornell uses the Common Application, Academic Report, Registrar Report, and Mid-Term Report or the Universal College Application, Transfer Supplement, Professor Evaluation, College Report, and Cornell Mid-Term Report. Please review the application instructions provided by the Undergraduate Admissions Office to determine which forms are right for you.

In addition to the application materials, transfer students must also submit:

  • All students: Official transcripts from your high school and all colleges attended
  • International students: Official TOEFL or IELTS score

To prepare for studying within the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences each academic major has key foundation courses that competitive transfer candidates need to complete or have in progress at the time of their application.

Successful completion of the required coursework is not a guarantee of admission.

The College of Agriculture and Life Sciences and Cornell University reserve the right to determine, in their sole discretion, whether course credit earned at other schools, either secondary or post-secondary, meet the College’s and the University’s academic standards and will therefore be eligible to be applied toward Cornell degree requirements.  Applicants and matriculated students should not assume that, because a particular course taken at another school is listed as a recommended course, a foundational course, or that it meets admissions requirements; it would necessarily be eligible for Cornell credit.  

Select your desired major from this list below to view the required coursework that you must complete.

Animal Science Applied Economics and Management
Biological Engineering Biology and Society
Biological Sciences Communication
Biometry and Statistics Development Sociology
Entomology Information Science
Plant Sciences  
Atmospheric Science Agricultural Sciences
Environmental Engineering Food Science
Environmental and Sustainability Sciences International Agriculture and Rural Development
Landscape Architecture Nutritional Sciences
Science of Earth Systems Viticulture and Enology